Thursday 19 September 2013

Don't worry, we'll think of a title...


Anyone who has read Andy Flegg will know he and I have a bit of an obsession with movies. 

In the novel I’m working on at the moment, I've taken this one step further and included several fictitious movie titles of my own.

The idea is that the main character’s father works as a stuntman on B-movie mockbusters – a genre that I've grown to love since we discovered Universal Channel on our TV. Seriously who can forget timeless classics like SharkNado.

Anyway, as a result I've had hours of fun coming up with my own imaginary mockbusters – such sure-fire hits as Nightmare on Elmo Street, Zombie Clown Killers, Poultrygeist 2: Return to the Coup (yes- it’s about evil chickens) and Silence of the Hams (evil pigs).

But if you think I've lost the plot and they’re too far fetched to be credible, then I’m guessing you don’t watch as many terrible films as I do.

Why not check out the Rotten Tomatoes clip below and then tell me, mine are too stupid. And in case you’re short for time, my personal top five from the video would have to be:
  1. Night of the Hell Hamsters
  2. The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
  3. Fat Guy goes Nutzoid
  4. Death Bed: The Bed that Eats!
  5. The Incredibly Strange Creatures who stopped living and became mixed up Zombies.

 

 FYI In case you didn't know, Don’t Worry We’ll Think Of A Title just happens to be the title of a real movie too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here